We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The Structures Designer designs all structural components of test stands and other ground infrastructure under guidance of and close collaboration with functional design engineers, supported by structural analyses where needed. He/she considers mechanical and thermal loads and picks appropriate materials in order to arrive at a design that satisfies safety requirements. Materials are also selected with environmental factors like ambient temperature, corrosion, vibrations and material compatibility in mind. The Structures Designer makes use of his/her knowledge of suitable machining techniques and mechanical joining methods in creating designs that can be manufactured and assembled in an efficient manner. He/she uses SolidWorks to generate isometrics and derive technical drawings as well as BOMs for procurement, while weighing costs and taking local availability of materials and manufacturing resources into account.
More specifically, you will:
- Design structural components, e.g.:
1. Thrust structures for engine testing
2. Flame deflectors
3. Valve-, pipe- and tank supports
4. Tanking arms
- Issue technical manufacturing and assembly drawings for in-house as well as external manufacturing
- Issue bills of material (BOMs) and drive procurement of COTScomponents
- Work in close contact with the functional design engineers, manufacturing and assembly staff throughout all stages of the project up until completion
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Technician with training in product design, system planner, or similar
- Knowledge of machining techniques including milling, turning, boring and cutting
- Knowledge of mechanical joining processes including welding, soldering, bolting, adhesion
- Flexible attitude towards highly iterative designs, especially in the early design phases
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go our of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
- Industry experience design and procurement of structural components
- Industry experience in civil engineering
- Industry experience working in medium- to large-scale plants that deal with fluid-handling
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- German knowledge is a plus
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.