EARTH'S NEXT FRONTIER
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better, and cheaper access to space. Our mission is to help democratize space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for future generations. We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation. We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects, and be part of a team changing the world for the better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the center of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The role sits within the Talent team and is a Generalist role in the Human Resources Area touching upon all the stages in the employee lifecycle. The main purpose of the role is to manage all operational aspects of the Human Resources function so that our employees are empowered and supported to do their best work as we continue to grow in Germany and internationally and get closer to reaching major milestones as a team. You will work closely with an experienced Head of Talent.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand gaps and challenges in current processes and programs and ultimately drive future improvements
- Oversee all operational processes when it comes to Talent/Human Resources including designing, testing, and implementing new tools and systems as well as managing the existing ones
- Support the full employment lifecycle of our employees from onboarding to offboarding
- Manage the relationship with external payroll, benefit, and relocation/immigration partners
- Act as the initial point of contact for employees on questions related to (but not limited to!) onboarding, benefits, leave of absences, accommodation requests, performance management, etc.
- Treat employees as internal customers and provide high-quality customer care to increase their satisfaction
- Be an ambassador for the Isar Aerospace culture, working with the other members of the Talent team to initiate and manage projects that increase engagement, motivation, development, and retention
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Generalist experience within Talent/Human Resources/People Operations ideally in a start-up environment
- In addition, some specialist experience in either Learning & Development or Compensation & Benefits is a nice to have
- University degree
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and handle confidential information
- Driven and target-oriented with analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship-building skills, high in empathy
- Fluent in English and German
- Highly organized and proactive with high attention to detail
- A can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS:
If your profile matches our needs, you will be contacted in a few weeks by our Talent team for a first HR video interview.
A technical assignment might be sent to you in order to assess your knowledge of the topics required for the job.
In case of a positive outcome, you will then attend 1-2 technical interview(s) with your potential future colleagues.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you do not meet the above requirements, most likely we will not go forward with your application. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.