EARTH'S NEXT FRONTIER
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better, and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratize space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects, and be part of a team changing the world for the better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the center of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The valve test engineer is part of the Fluid Control Team, which develops and purchases fluid control components like valves and regulators for the different departments at Isar Aerospace.
The task of the valve test engineer is to help the development engineers with the test plans and the organization of tests to relieve the workload of the development engineers and to standardize the development and qualification processes for the valves and regulators. The valve test engineer should also be the main interface to the testing team, which operates the different test rigs.
Hands-on testing work and conducting test campaigns are part of the work, but the main focus of this role is more on test planning and evaluation.
More specifically, you will:
- Improve and standardize the tests (flow, leakage, vibration, …) for different valves
- Review and detail test plans
- Coordinate the tests with the testing team
- Manage the test data evaluation tool
- Manage test data
- Design testing adapters for different valves
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- M.Sc. or M.Eng. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Experience with vibration or space environment testing
- Knowledge about aerospace testing standards
- Knowledge about valves and regulators
- Experience with python programming or similar language
- Work experience with CAD software
- Hands-on test experience with fluid systems
- Passionate about new space, curious, and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and consonantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- A can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
Nice to have:
- Experience with cryogenic fluid systems
- Experience with clean rooms and clean room procedures
- Work experience with Solidworks
- Experience with assembly procedures of aerospace components
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS:
If your profile matches our needs, you will be contacted in a few weeks by our Talent team for a first HR video interview.
A technical assignment might be sent to you in order to assess your knowledge of the topics required for the job.
In case of a positive outcome, you will then attend 1-2 technical interview(s) with your potential future colleagues.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.