EARTH'S NEXT FRONTIER
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better, and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratize space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects, and be part of a team changing the world for the better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the center of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The main purpose of the internship is to develop an in-house tool containing analytical calculations to support structural design and integration topics. This tool is to be used as a standard to get the first insight into the dimensioning of structural components, accelerating the initial step of the design process.
More specifically, you will:
- Work on a daily basis with Python
- Develop and implement diverse analytical calculations required for mechanical design, which involve topics such as bolted joints, pipes, and brackets, for instance
- Collaborate with different teams to understand the status of the existing tools/scripts
- Validate analyses by terms of benchmark examples
- Create a module (GUI) where all calculations should be centralized
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Finished BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Strong interest in Structural Mechanics, Machine Elements, and Materials
- Solid experience with scripting (preferably Python)
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Passionate about new space, curious, and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- A can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
- Organizational skills
- Flexibility to collaborate on parallel and multi-disciplinary tasks
- Familiar with ANSYS Workbench environment (APDL) and scripting for file manipulation (bash, shell)
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS:
If your profile matches our needs, you will be contacted in a few weeks by our Talent team for a first HR video interview.
A technical assignment might be sent to you in order to assess your knowledge of the topics required for the job.
In case of a positive outcome, you will then attend 1-2 technical interview(s) with your potential future colleagues.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.