We are disrupting the space industry. Take this once in a lifetime opportunity to build a rocket from scratch - a rocket that will actually go to space very soon - and be at the forefront of Europe's New Space. Join us to build a company for the good of humankind.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role would be realizing the avionics with assembling electronics, enclosures and wire harnesses while performing regular inspection procedures to ensure that the assembly is in accordance with the requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Assemble electrical components, systems and sub-systems; such as control units, battery packs and wiring harnesses
- Assemble prototypes or mock-ups of circuits and any other electronic subsystem for use in testing
- Solder, de-solder, rework SMT components on HDI boards
- Perform electrical test in accordance with the test procedures
- Contribute to the design in terms of DFM and DFA to ensure smooth process of component integration
- Be responsible with the procurement, maintenance and availability of the required tools to perform given tasks
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Successful apprenticeship/technician in the field of electrics/electronics (Elektriker, Elektroniker) or similar
- Excellent soldering skills
- Excellent hand and eye coordination
- Ability to see fine details and defects during visual inspection
- Ability to read schematics, assembly and wiring diagrams
- Take ownership and accountability for own actions and mistakes
- Flexible attitude towards highly iterative designs, especially in the early design phases
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go our of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Experience in Avionics is nice to have
- Exposure to CAD tools
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.