We are disrupting the space industry. Take this once in a lifetime opportunity to build a rocket from scratch - a rocket that will actually go to space very soon - and be at the forefront of Europe's New Space. Join us to build a company for the good of humankind.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The main purpose would be to install test rig for Software-in-the-loop / Hardware-in-the-loop simulations. The role will be to implement interfaces between dSpace/Beckhoff equipment of the test rig and our rocket systems. Collaborate with different team to conduct SIL/HIL simulations of various rocket subsystems as per the test plan.
More specifically, you will:
- Create/adapt simulation software
- Implement interfaces
- Work on actuators and sensors
- Work on Embedded systems
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- MSc in System Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Experience in dSpace
- Good working experience in actuators and sensors
- Good working experience in Matlab/Simulink
- Proficient experience in embedded systems
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.