WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role is to build the Quality department and team. This would entail putting the right processes and systems in place, building and leading the team, maintenance and continuous improvement according to regulatory requirements of Quality Management.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead and develop a team of quality employees and the implementation of a Quality Management System and operations
- Guide creating quality and safety documentation, determining quality metrics for all processes, defining specific goals of processes and helping process owners achieve their goals
- Work with the quality team to maintain standards for manufactured products and test the systems to ensure they meet technical requirements
- Be responsible for all internal quality processes as change control, deviations, training, review of analytical documents, internal audit, equipment qualification and validation
- Monitor the entire production cycle and provide reports of malfunctions
- Support in conducting quality activities such as cause-effect analysis and problem-solving methods, business decision making methods, risk analysis, etc.
- Prepare Quality Management reports, including the evaluation of management indicators (KPIs)
- Manage audits of existing systems based on ISO 9001:2015 requirements on site and at supplier
- Coordinate with external quality assurance auditors and technicians to ensure legal compliance
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- University Degree in engineering, management or related field, combined with relevant experience in Quality Management, Assurance and Control
- A proven track-record of building and managing a Quality function within a small or medium-sized company
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Extensive experience in QA and compliance functions with focus on analytical development and QC activities
- Very good knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and AS 9100:2016 and experience in conducting audits according to the standards
- Knowledge about cause-effect analysis and problem-solving methods (5 Why Analysis, 8D Reports, Fish bone/Ishikawa Diagrams), business decision making methods (Pareto Analysis) and risk analysis (FMEA, 5×5)
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 27001:2013
- Lead Auditor certification of ISO 9001:2015
- Six Sigma or Lean certification
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS:
If your profile matches our needs, you will be contacted in a few weeks by our Talent team for a first HR video-interview.
A technical assignment might be sent to you in order to assess your knowledge on the topics required for the job.
In case of positive outcome, you will then attend 1-2 technical interview(s) with your potential future colleagues.
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.