Expand Our Planet. Expand Our Future.
ispace Technologies U.S. located in Denver, Colorado is looking for a highly motivated and talented Director of Strategy, Growth, & Scalability to join its new team.
We are small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
While you will be an instrumental member of a small team in the U.S., you will join an international team and be expected to work with colleagues from around the world. Teamwork is a must. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary. You must be self-motivated and comfortable making decisions within a fast-paced environment, as well as have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
Success will require strategic balancing of the technical and business aspects of a lunar exploration company. We blend aerospace engineering best practices with rapid iterative development methods and the dynamic workplace culture of a startup. Customer-focused from the beginning, we are determined to lower costs to accelerate the development of the lunar ecosystem.
Join us on this exciting and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and the Moon are part of one ecosystem.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Works with U.S. CEO and other members of the team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within ispace can be scaled and are being properly designed and executed in accordance with ispace global governance rules, set policies and government practices
- Improve operations and process for organizational excellence
- Designs and develops additional organizational operation procedures to ensure the smooth growth of the organizational and its activities
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions
- Understands ispace’s global culture (vision/value/ways) and assist in installing in the US
- Manages coordination between H.Q. and US subsidiary and maintain global alignment of strategy and operations
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes both within ispace US and with ispace, inc.
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution.
- Collaborates with other back-office team members to ensure seamless business execution
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Supports back-office and firm-wide training programs, reinforcing tech and operations infrastructure between ispace’s entities and departments to ensure consistency and quality standards are met.
- 10+ years’ experience in Operations or related domains
- Experience in scaling an organization from 100-500 people
- A successfully completed commercial or technical degree
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings
- Ability to work with details and time-sensitive issues
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experienced handling of MS Office applications, especially Excel and PPT
- Independent, structured and result-oriented way of working
- Open-minded and committed personality with a passion for teamwork
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience level – $175k+
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available for employee-only-level coverage)