ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated, talented, and experienced Director of Engineering to join its new team.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Leadership and Management
- Interface/point of contact for US Engineering to HQ
- Senior Technical Leadership team member with all engineering, program and supply chain orgs.
- Manages the following key aspects and people in the program
- Program & Business – manages contracts awarded (NASA, Commercial, etc)
- Supply Chain – All procurement needs
- Mission – leader of launch vehicle contracts
- Responsible for performance review assessments of Engineer Manager, Program Lead, Mission Lead, Supply Chain Lead, and performing the final calibration assessment for entire engineer org
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the engineering team
- Manages program team day to day priorities, conflict resolution, customer interface, contract schedule, contract deliverables and payment milestones
- Grow and build US engineering team from 20 to 40+ engineers for the first Series2 mission implementation (design, assembly, launch and operation) by 2024 and for the series of lunar transportation services in the future in the US
Budgeting and Fiscal Control
- Responsible for determining monthly/quarterly/yearly budget, headcount, and resources needs/allocation for their entire organization
Strategy and Planning
- Sets and evaluates both short and long term vision, business opportunities, and direction of the Series 2 program (and any other program brought into the US office)
- Execute and manage over 100M USD lunar mission program to generate revenue aligned with the company’s business plan and the corporate strategy.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Bachelor’s of Science degree or related experience, MS preferred
- 10+ years’ experience developing spacecraft and integrated systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results for complex projects Acts as mentor, coach, technical expert, and wealth of knowledge.
- 10+ years providing technical leadership of an engineering team or teams
- Demonstrated high level of experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a company/industry.
- Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
- Experience with rapid prototyping and demonstration
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Extensive experience in integrated testing and change management
- Experience performing FMECA, reliability analysis, and/or hazard analysis
- Experience in defining requirements and verification plans for spacecraft systems
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5012, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020, SMC-S-005 & SMC-S-016
- U.S. work authorization required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required