Expand our planet. Expand our future.
- Develop embedded software system for spacecraft, including lander and other transportation system elements. Be responsible for the development of boards and other components by hardware engineering, test tools for integrations of all other components and setting up the environment for development.
- Lead the identification of the software requirement from system level requirement, and break down them to software design, architecture and implementation to satisfy the requirements.
- Collaborate with other sub system engineers such as avionics, ground segment, system engineers to identify software architecture design, some component or technology selection, including make or buy decisions, and on avionics and propulsion with other design and analysis team members appropriately.
- Design the software architecture with DSP/Microprocessor selection, and develop BSP ( Board Support Package ) and evaluate the feasibility of new design to meet the requirement
Manage schedules, costs and quality on each function assigned to meet requirements. Also break down functions of components to tasks and track status and issues. Report all of them to the lead or manager.
- Lead the software engineers by any appropriate modern methods of development to construct the high reliability, quality and save resources.
- Design, coding, review, integration, test, support and enhance software solutions for assigned spacecraft such as attitude or motion control, command, communication, power and data management and fault protection. Also describe the documentations and keep updating them at all phases.
- Identify the payload customer requirement and lead the technical software discussion with customer.
- Embedded software development for spacecraft, including landers and other transportation system elements.
- Leading software requirements definition from the system level. A drop in software design, architecture, and implementation that meets your requirements.
- Work with other subsystem engineers such as avionics, ground segments, and system engineers to properly perform software architecture design, avionics, and selection of propulsion components or technologies with members.
- Design software architecture from DSP / microprocessor selection, develop BSP (Board Support Package), and evaluate design that meets requirements.
- Properly manage schedules, costs, and quality. Incorporate the functions of components into the tasks of each team member and support the task execution of each member. Share and report status with leads and managers as appropriate, and take appropriate action yourself.
- Lead software engineers using optimal development methods while building high reliability and quality with limited resources.
- Design, code, review, integrate, test, support, and enhance software solutions for spacecraft attitude control, motion control, command handling, communications, power and data management, fault detection, and fault detection. In addition, the documents related to them will be explained and updated as appropriate in each phase.
- Identify customer requirements for payloads and lead technical discussions about software with customers.
- 10+ years of experience designing and coding embedded software for high-reliability applications
- 5+ years of experience of software team lead
- Strong leadership and communication skill not only with software engineers, but also with other subsystem engineers and customers
- Deep understanding of realtime OS and embedded software
- Experience with bus, communication, and networking protocols (RS-422, PCI, Ethernet, SpaceWire and etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient in C programming language
- Positive attitude, self-driven and interested in working in a start-up environment and in diversity
- Self motivated to challenge the new technology
- Business level English
- Over 10 years of reliable embedded software design and coding experience
- Over 5 years of experience as a software team leader
- Reliable communication skills and leadership with internal and external stakeholders, including overseas, and customers
- Deep understanding of real-time OS and embedded software
- Experience with bus, communication, and network protocols (RS-422, PCI, Ethernet, SpaceWire, etc.)
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Fluent in C programming languages
- Attitude to actively tackle difficult problems, understanding of work and diversity in startup environment
- Willingness to try new technologies
- Business level or above English
- Business level Japanese is preferable
- 10+ years experience of Aerospace, Automotive or other industries which requires her high reliability embedded software system
- 5+ experience of Linux development environment
- 5+ experience of the software development with Git
- 5+ experience of various bench equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, meters)
5+ experience of CI
- Business level or above Japanese
- More than 10 years of experience in aerospace, automobiles, or industries that require high reliability
- Over 5 years of experience in Linux development environment
- Over 5 years of experience in software development with Git
- Over 5 years of experience with various bench equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, meters)
- 5 years or more of CI experience