Expand our planet. Expand our future.
- Visit supplier’s facilities and assess on site each vendor’s technical capability and capacity in detail, for both New Product Introduction (NPI) as well as long-term production, working alongside ispace’s Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Lead Design for Manufacturing (DfM) activities with suppliers.
- Drive manufacturing progress at ispace’s global supply chain, focusing primarily on structural, propulsion, and avionics components going into our spacecraft.
- Align vendor activities to ispace’s supply chain strategy for structural, propulsion, and avionics commodities.
- Manage costs to ensure budget adherence of all vendor work
- Perform continuous supplier analysis and risk assessments
- Provide input to negotiations with suppliers’ on technical requirements, project scope, and general T&Cs associated with supply contracts.
- Collaborate with the wider team to achieve QCD targets on components under production
- Work with sub-system and Quality engineers to develop reqs for both production and NPI components
- Negotiate and carry out cost reduction work with suppliers
- Prepare RFx documentation and issue POs.
- Ensure full compliance to internal ispace policies and external regulations applicable to ispace products.
- Engineering or Science degree
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience manufacturing components for Aerospace products (Spacecraft and/or Aircraft)
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) experience.
- Experience with Aerospace structures and propulsion components.
- Leadership of people.
- Wide experience with 8D methodology for problem solving, as well as performing PFMEAs and Control Plans in manufacturing.
- Experience selecting and driving a suitable supply chain (raw material, all manufacturing ops, validation / inspection, and overall logistics)
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (EIDPs or/and First Article Inspection reports) and QMS systems in Aerospace (JISQ/AS9100)
- Hands-on knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods (Minitab, DoE, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience inspecting Aerospace components.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace