Expand our planet. Expand our future.
- Participate in Flight Dynamics operations of ispace lunar missions. These activities include, but are not limited to: processing of tracking data, orbit determination, maneuver planning, orbit prediction, event generation and collision alert, from launch to landing.
- Participate in Flight Dynamics software development and validation.
- Participate in pre-flight preparation and rehearsal activities.
- Participate in operational plan definition, specification and requirements phases, including nominal and contingency situations.
- Support Mission Analysis tasks such as tracking stations selection, first acquisition analysis, navigation analysis and stochastic delta-v estimation.
- Closely work and interface with the rest of the Flight Control Team.
- On-call, and eventually call in, in response to contingencies.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Five or more years of experience in spacecraft navigation and Flight Dynamics operations.
- Strong understanding of first principles in orbital mechanics, filtering and optimization.
- Previous experience in tracking data processing, orbit determination activities, maneuver planning and navigation analysis studies.
- Design/operations experience across a range of missions and mission phases.
- Experience in operational software development and validation.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and writing.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Experience in lunar or interplanetary missions.
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience with MONTE navigation software.
- Specific experience in planetary targeting and landing phases.
- Experience with ground station interfaces.
- Experience in validation of operational tools.
- Experience with spacecraft command generation.
- Knowledge of Japanese is an asset.