Expand our planet. Expand our future.
- Supporting structural and thermal design efforts for spacecraft system development, including Lander and other transportation system elements
- Perform structural and / or thermal computational analysis to design the structural components of the lander
- Completion support for component design specifications and design reviews
- Preliminary design support for trade research, materials, components, manufacturing process selection, design verification, etc.
- Test planning preparation, reporting, test data analysis, and JIG design support for component and system testing.
- Evaluation and reporting of non-conforming materials from a design and analysis perspective.
- Detailed design support for Lander systems for structure, heat, and operational performance
- Analytical support for other engineers by providing and simplifying 3D models.
- Support for testing, including rapid prototyping, hardware assembly, integration, and navigation to test sites.
- Maintain proactive coordination between teams, balance and achieve project goals.
- Report to team leaders and group managers.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Bachelor and / or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Over 3 years of experience in designing aerospace or aviation applications
- Extensive experience in CAD software packaging and drawing creation
- Knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD & T), stack-up calculations for drawing tolerances (RSS, etc.).
- Knowledge of space flight hardware or equivalent mechanical design, material selection, and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, communication skills
- Attitude to adapt to change with speed and learn new things
- Positive attitude, team players, strong responsibility for their work
- Hold BS and/or MS in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Familiarity with Solidworks, FEmap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Knowledge of thermal design and analysis.
- Thermal Desktop proficiency for thermal analysis.
- Space environment test experience
- Experience with new industrial development projects in the aerospace or aviation sector