Expand our Planet. Expand our Future.
ispace Japan is seeking a highly motivated and talented engineer to join its team and develop tomorrow’s lunar exploration technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a broad experience in the Mechanical design of space mechanisms and structures and/or MGSE.
- Support the structural and mechanical design efforts for spacecraft development, including lander and other transportation system elements
- Collaborate on architecture design, trade studies, component and manufacturing process selection
- Support product definition, specification and requirements efforts
- Support detailed design of spacecraft systems for structural, thermal and operational performance
- Develop and maintain software for structures and mechanisms design
- Report to the Spacecraft Structures Lead
- Maintain strong communication with spacecraft development team leadership and effectively partner with different program elements to balance and achieve program goals
- Educated give guidance to junior engineer
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Hold BS in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or robotics with 3+ years of experience in the design of space applications and/or MGSE.
- Possess proven track record of developing mechanical products (metallic and composite) from concept to fabrication
- Is knowledgeable about mechanical design, material selection, and fabrication processes for spaceflight hardware
- Has extensive experience with FEM software packages
- Has Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Be comfortable with change and fast-pace environment
- Proactive attitude, team player
- Proficiency in Solidworks, FEmap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Design of complex mechanisms
- Be knowledgeable of space environmental tests
- Has experience with spacecraft design and integration
- Has experience with new development project
- Salary – Depends on skills and experience
- Work Hours -Discretionary Work system(裁量労働制) or Flextime will be applicable
- Paid Leave – in compliance with Japan Labor law
- Other Holidays – Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holiday, Summer : 5 days, Winter : 5 days, and Thanks Holiday(for any occasion) :2 days
- Probationary Period – 6 months
- Performance Review – Basically twice a year
- Work from Home – Applicable after probationary period
- Japanese Social Security – all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp and Unemployment Insurance)
- Retirement Age: 75 years old
- Language Lesson(English, Japanese) : Under certain conditions
English Resume and Cover letter are required.
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don’t worry, we’ll set an interview over the phone.