Expand our planet. Expand our future.
ispace EUROPE is seeking a highly motivated and talented European Business Development & Partnerships Officer to join its team. The vision of ispace is to expand and sustain humanity’s presence in space by developing a lunar economy built on the resources available on the Moon.
ispace EUROPE is the company’s regional office located in Luxembourg, in the heart of Europe. We are creating the first lunar resource exploration service by developing ispace’s next-generation rover that will prospect for lunar water and other resources. We are a small team, motivated by the challenges of the Lunar Frontier, and determined to achieve the company’s vision.
The European Business Development & Partnerships Officer’s responsibility will be to commercialize ispace products, approach target customers and originate sales leads, develop a robust and tailored value proposition, and close sales for all of ispace’s business units and products with space and non-space customers. He/She will have a focus on France with responsibilities on adjacent countries such as Belgium and The Netherlands.
- Understand and articulate ispace’s full line of business oﬀers, capabilities, beneﬁts, competitive advantage, and identify sales opportunities
- Source, develop, and acquire prospective clients through internet research, trade shows, referrals, and personal investigation or calls for proposal
- Develop commercial, technical, and data sales proposals to win commercial deals with space and non-space customers (showing interest to develop business related to the Moon)
- Close sales among all business lines and generate revenues according to strategic objectives
- Cultivate and maintain long term relationships with key customers (space and non-space)
- Assess competitors & markets, create sales & proﬁt analyzes and support product and sales strategies
- Develop communication and market concepts, material, and toolboxes for product launches, customer outreach, etc.
- Support sales plans to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Build a robust pipeline and manage each phase of the sales process
- Lead sales from origination to offer, pricing, contractual issues resolution, closing, and contract signing
- Lead and coordinate company effort with space agencies in area/region of responsibilities
- Travel (including both domestic and international)
- 10 years experience in Business Development or Sales or related domains
- A successfully completed commercial or technical degree
- Experience in the space industry and/or strong background in non-space sectors that are part of first exploration missions (e.g. energy, mining infrastructure, manufacturing, electronics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- French strongly desirable
- Experienced handling of MS Office applications, especially Excel and PPT
- Independent, structured way of working
- Sales-driven, customer-focused and result-oriented
- Open-minded and committed personality with a passion for teamwork
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.