Expand our planet. Expand our future.
The vision of ispace is to expand and sustain humanity’s presence in space by developing a lunar economy built on the resources available on the Moon.
ispace EUROPE is the regional office of ispace inc., a Japanese Space company. We are creating the first lunar resource exploration service by developing ispace’s next generation rover that will prospect for lunar water and other resources. We are a small team, motivated by the challenges of the Lunar Frontier, and determined to achieve the company’s vision.
We invite you to join us on this exciting and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and the Moon are part of one ecosystem.
The position will be based in Luxembourg and will report to the EU Managing Director. It will closely collaborate with ispace EUROPE’s team members.
- The Junior Electronics Designer will be responsible supporting ispace Europe’s current R&D projects as well as leading and developing her or his own.
- The position requires a strong candidate passionate about electronics design and who is comfortable with developing and testing electronic units.
- Your first job will be to design and validate digital and mixed signals PCBs.
- Within the R&D team, you will interact with the electrical systems engineer and the robotics engineer.
- This new design will have to comply with challenging power, high speeds and space environment constraints and reach cost and performance targets.
- Conduct and document EEE parts selection
- Prepare calculations and participate in architecture trade-offs
- Design and simulate electronic hardware and PCB layout
- Follow-up PCB manufacturing
- Perform (part of) PCB assembly
- Prepare test procedures and conduct functional tests
- Plan and follow-up environmental tests
- Bring in new processes and tools that enable our R&D department to continue to grow and remain state of the art
- Speak up, identify risks and issues, define and manage mitigation plans
- B.S./M.S. in Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in the area.
- Demonstrate proficiency and experience with Schematic Capture and PCB Layout board (EDA), multiple layers preferred
- Ability to perform PCB assembly and debugging
- Exhibit strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Be highly organized and capable of independently planning and executing complex technical work
- Thrive in multi-disciplinary environment in close cooperation with engineering and business teams
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Show initiative, leadership, and positive can-do attitude
- Be comfortable with change and fast-pace environment
- Previous work on radiation hardened components or challenging environments is a plus
- Digital electronics is a must, experience with analog, power and high-speed design is a strong advantage
- Experience with design and manufacturing standards (e.g. IPC) is a plus
- Experience with Matlab and automated test solutions would be appreciated
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace