Software Engineer – Mission Planning
Expand our planet. Expand our future.
ispace EUROPE is seeking a highly motivated and talented Software Engineer – Mission Planning to join its team. The vision of ispace is to expand and sustain humanity’s presence in space by developing a lunar economy built on the resources available on the Moon.
ispace EUROPE is the company’s regional office located in Luxembourg, in the heart of Europe. We are creating the first lunar resource exploration service by developing ispace’s next generation rover that will prospect for lunar water and other resources. We are a small team, motivated by the challenges of the Lunar Frontier, and determined to achieve the company’s vision.
ispace EUROPE is looking to expand its data business, including its Mission Planning Toolkit — a series of web-accessible tools designed to help streamline the mission planning process. The ideal candidate for this position would be similar to a full stack web developer with a focus on the frontend and an interest in cartography.
- Support software development of additional applications e.g. for real-time operations of ispace missions and for processing of ispace and third-party data
- Execute full software development life cycle for new applications and perform testing and deployment of new version of applications and tools e.g. in the Kubernetes cluster
- Occasionally work with Geographic Information Systems (like ArcGIS or QGIS) to help perform computations and create datasets
- Support development of embedded software applications for ispace rovers and other assets
- Contribute to improve the development, deployment, implementation practices (Continuous integration, Testing…)
- Support business development and sales activity as expert in software discipline and ispace software solutions
- Thrive in multi-disciplinary environment in close cooperation with engineering and business teams
- Must show initiative, leadership, and positive can-do attitude
- Be comfortable with change and fast-pace environment
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Speak up, identify risks and issues, define and manage mitigation plans
- These requirements are listed roughly in descending order of importance. Even if you don’t fit all of these perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you!
- A profound curiosity about the world around you
- Professional experience working in web development
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and microservice design/development
- Familiarity with React
- Solid UI/UX design principles
- Understanding of GIS software and libraries (PostGIS and GDAL mostly, SPICE Toolkit is a plus)
- Experience working with remote sensing data
- Experience designing and building network infrastructure
- An interest in machine learning, robotics, or geology are a plus
Benefits of working at ispace
- Excellent co-workers with a wide range of backgrounds and all sorts of engineering specialties. We recognize it takes all sorts of perspectives to get to the Moon.
- Working in Luxembourg is amazing. 26 days paid time off, phenomenal parental leave policy, free public transport, the list goes on.
- You’ll be solving problems no one has solved before. If that doesn’t excite you, we don’t know what will.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace