Expand our planet. Expand our future.
We are small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Rapidly develop and test a highly reliable Avionics & GNC sensor suite
- Evaluate and develop sensor system requirements, ensuring ease of integration is a priority
Drive component design and selection as well as system verification testing, troubleshooting and requirement(s) closure
- Collaborate with software, hardware, supply chain and integration teams throughout the development life cycle
- Create and manage supplier procurement specifications and statements of work
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering or science with 5+ years of experience in avionics component and/or system design, development and testing
- Experience with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle sensor architecture design
- Experience with integrating hardware with software, and subsequent troubleshooting
- Experience developing test campaigns to validate component and/or system performance
- Proven track record of leading design development from concept through fabrication, testing and integration
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Proficiency in scripting languages and modeling software
- Design-for-integration experience
- Proficient with schematic capture and layout tools such as Altium
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to participate and take feedback from peer reviews
- Competency in electrical test equipment to support test team on dev and flight campaigns
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design and integration; including, but not limited to, EEE-INST-002, NASA-HDBK-4001, NASA-STD-4003, SMC-S-010, & SMC-S-016
- Familiarity with git and git workflows for version control
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range – $90k-$125k annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D (company-paid options)