Expand our planet. Expand our future.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Design and test Lunar Lander RF Communications architecture and requirements
- Partner with GNC, Flight Software and Systems Integration to develop on-orbit and lunar surface CONOPs as it relates to uplink and downlink communication
- Develop and manage RF link budget across all phases of the mission
- Participate in all program milestones including trade studies, design reviews, software and hardware-level test, and on-orbit operations
- Create electromagnetic simulation models of hardware (antennas, filters, PCB layout) to design and evaluate performance
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering or physics
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft Avionics systems
- Experience with simulation and programming tools (ex. Matlab/Simulink, C++, Python)
- Ability to perform RF communication design and analysis tasks, and support mission operations
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Demonstrated professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft RF Communications
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience with 3D CAD (Solidworks, NX, or similar) and electrical schematic capture software
- Extensive experience with Matlab & Simulink
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated learner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Must be a US Citizen
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range based on experience: $85k – $125k
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401k (some employer-paid options available)