Expand our Planet. Expand our future
ispace Technologies U.S. located in Denver, Colorado is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer to join its new team.
We are small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
While you will be an instrumental member of a small team in the U.S., you will join an international team and be expected to work with colleagues from around the world. Teamwork is a must. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary. You must be self-motivated and comfortable making decisions within a fast-paced environment, as well as have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
Success will require strategic balancing of the technical and business aspects of a lunar exploration company. We blend aerospace engineering best practices with rapid iterative development methods and the dynamic workplace culture of a startup. Customer-focused from the beginning, we are determined to lower costs to accelerate the development of the lunar ecosystem.
Join us on this exciting and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and the Moon are part of one ecosystem.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Evaluate and develop GNC architecture and requirements
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for all phases in the US Lunar
- Lander mission profile, including on-orbit maneuvers and lunar surface descent and landing
- Develop software tools to support mission design, analysis, verification, and performance reporting during test and flight
- Participate in all mission phases including trade studies, design reviews, software and hardware-level test, and on-orbit operations
- Implement new software or algorithms to support mission unique capabilities
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with focus on systems and control
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in spacecraft GN&C
- Expert with simulation and programming tools (ex. Matlab/Simulink, C++, Python)
- Ability to lead spacecraft GN&C design and analysis tasks, and support mission operations
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Master’s degree or PhD in an engineering discipline with focus on systems and control
- Demonstrated professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft GNC systems
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Extensive experience with C++ and Python
- Familiarity with GN&C hardware suite for space applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated learner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required