Expand our planet. Expand our future.
Success will require strategic balancing of the technical and business aspects of a lunar exploration company. We blend aerospace engineering best practices with rapid iterative development methods and the dynamic workplace culture of a startup. Customer-focused from the beginning, we are determined to lower costs in order to accelerate the development of the lunar ecosystem.
While you will be an instrumental member of a small team in the U.S., you will join an international team of engineers and be expected to work with colleagues from around the world. Teamwork is a must. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary. You must be self-motivated and comfortable making decisions within a fast-paced environment, as well as have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
Join us on this exciting and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and the Moon are part of one ecosystem.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Rapidly design, develop and test a highly reliable structural and/or mechanical lander system(s)
- Evaluate and develop structural/mechanical architecture and requirements, ensuring manufacturability is a priority
- Drive component design and selection as well as system verification testing, troubleshooting and requirement(s) closure
- Collaborate with software, hardware, supply chain and integration teams
- Create and manage supplier procurement specifications and statements of work
- Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- BS in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or robotics with 7+ years of experience in the design of space applications and/or ground support equipment
- Proven track record of leading design development from concept through fabrication, testing and integration
- Knowledgeable about mechanical design, material selection, and fabrication processes for spaceflight hardware◦
- Has extensive experience with FEM software packages
- Has knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Proficiency in Solidworks, FEmap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Experience with complex spacecraft design and integration
- Design-for-manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable of space environmental tests
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft structural and mechanical design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020 & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based upon experience – $115k+
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available for employee-only level coverage)
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace