Expand our Planet. Expand our future
ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Systems Integration Engineer to join its new team.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Evaluate proposed design changes for impacts to form, fit or function, as well as impacts to overall Lander capability requirements
- Partner with subsystem responsible engineers to validate Lander mass, propellant, power and link budget, ensuring appropriate application of margins and continually identifying opportunities to increase performance margins
- Collaborate with subsystem leads on requirement development and verification closure at the planned project milestones
- Collaborate with the subsystem leads in defining and executing risk mitigation plans throughout the life of the program
- Coordinate efforts across all disciplines in defining Lander CONOPs
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience of agile systems engineering within the space industry, ideally during the development phase and at spacecraft level
- Broad experience with several spacecraft and/or launch vehicle subsystems; including both hardware and software systems
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Extensive experience in integrated testing and change management
- Experience performing FMECA, reliability analysis, and/or hazard analysis
- Experience in defining requirements and verification plans for spacecraft systems
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5012, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020, SMC-S-005 & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required