Expand our planet. Expand our future.
ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is looking for a highly motivated and talented Thermal/Structural Engineer to join its new team.
We are small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Rapidly design, develop and test highly reliable thermal system design for a lunar lander system
- Evaluate and develop thermal system architecture and requirements, ensuring manufacturability is a priority
- Drive component design and selection as well as system verification testing, troubleshooting, and requirement(s) closure
- Establish structural and thermal analysis processes, conducts performance tests on representative models or prototypes to ensure quality and performance standards are met
- Analyze for damage tolerance, durability, design allowable, and structural modeling
- Collaborate with software, hardware, supply chain, and integration teams
- Create and manage supplier statements of work
- BS in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mathematics with 5+ years of experience in the design of space applications
- Proven track record of leading design development from concept through fabrication, testing, and integration
- Knowledgeable about mechanical design, material selection, and fabrication processes for spaceflight hardware
- Has extensive experience with FEM software packages
- Has knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
- Proficiency in Solidworks, Femap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Experience with complex spacecraft design and integration
- Design-for-manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable of space environmental tests
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft structural and mechanical design, test, and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020 & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
We kindly request that resumes are a maximum of two pages, thank you.