Expand our planet. Expand our future.
ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is looking for a highly motivated and talented Mechanical GSE Engineer to join its new team.
We are small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Rapidly design, develop and activate highly reliable mechanical ground support equipment to successfully assemble, integrate and test a lunar lander system
- Evaluate and develop mechanical GSE strategy and requirements, ensuring manufacturability is a priority
- Evaluate subsystem designs for manufacturability and ease of integration and test
- Collaborate with hardware, supply chain, and integration teams
- Create supplier procurement specifications and statements of work
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- BS in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or robotics with 5+ years of experience in the design of space applications and/or ground support equipment
- Proven track record of leading design development from concept through fabrication, testing, and integration
- Knowledgeable about mechanical design, material selection, and fabrication processes for spaceflight hardware
- Has extensive experience with FEM software packages
- Has knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Proficiency in Solidworks, FEmap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Experience with complex spacecraft design and integration
- Design-for-manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable of space environmental tests
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft structural and mechanical design, test, and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020 & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
We kindly request that resumes are a maximum of two pages, thank you.