Today, ATG Europe is recognized as a leading provider of specialized engineering, scientific and technical services to the aerospace and high-tech industry. Our headquarters are located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, the technical hub of Europes space activities. We also have subsidiaries in Germany and the UK. Always close to our customers.
The IT Engineer primary provides technical support (at all levels, from troubleshooting to design/installation of new systems/software) for a multinational group of over 250 users, mostly aerospace engineers working both on- and off-site, using commercial, open source, and custom software. The environment includes many servers and platforms running several Unix-flavours, and client computers running Windows mostly.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design of / improvement on IT infrastructure;
- Debugging and fixing potential problems within infrastructure;
- Performs proactive analysis to assure a high performance and uptime of servers;
- Controls incidents and keeping the customer informed on the progress;
- Defines the consequences of the incident, the measures to be taken;
- Proposes solutions to performance problems;
- Participates in backup restore strategies;
- Maintains technical documentation;
- Performs Windows/Unix based systems administration and server maintenance;
- Deploys Windows/Unix based desktop/server systems and devices ;
- Deploys Windows/Unix based applications;
- Provides troubleshooting for users desktops/laptops.
- Be able to manage priorities by selecting from impact of the issue(s) on the company;
- Good knowledge of Dutch is mandatory;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Good planning and organizing skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Relevant technical competence;
- Problem recognition, sees where an issue is originated.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.