Virgin Galactic (VG) is on track to become the world’s first private Spaceline. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop orbital flights for space tourism and other commercial applications. VG is seeking an industry leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, fueled by innovation and collaboration with emphasis on forward thinking.
Virgin Galactic has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter, and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who you are
Virgin Galactic (VG) is seeking a pro-active, hands-on IT Manager to help design and build a customer-centric, solution-focused IT department. This IT Manager will have a can-do approach to technical development, problem solving, technical support, and the implementation and test of new IT systems and infrastructure requirements. The IT Manager will play a key role in the design, hiring, and professional development of their team.
Location: Our Las Cruces, NM HQ & Regular Travel to Spaceport America, NM
The chosen IT Manager will provide leadership to the IT Helpdesk Team and assist our IT Director with special tasks as well as management of the IT Budget for Virgin Galactic.
- Bring the drive for technical development vision that will continue to push VG into the future.
- Support selection of technical (Ultramain, Oracle, Agile, CATIA V5, SolidWorks, and other similar systems) and non-technical (e.g., Windows 10, Office 2016 applications, antivirus, etc.) software to support operations and oversee install, maintenance and upgrades.
- Maintain high standards for IT hardware and software, and administer VG’s IT policies.
- Be the onsite manager of connectivity, systems/data protection and ensure security and compliance through VG’s IT systems.
- Plan, build, and guide a world class IT team that efficiently supports the growing needs of its customers. Maintain staff by recruiting, training employees, and developing personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Provide highly-effective, customer-oriented IT support for any and all tasks that includes work station set-up, IT help desk, IP phone systems, VG’s website, etc.
- Configure, deploy, fix, and/or provide troubleshooting support according to company standards and procedures for the following hardware and associated software.
- Train users on supported software and hardware with understanding of technology from a user perspective as well as technical perspective.
- Qualify, select and oversee vendors and service agreements for support and hardware, such as large scale plotter, security system, printers, copiers, fax, scanners, etc.
- Maintain working relationship with New Mexico Spaceport Authority (Spaceport Facility owners) to ensure a functional IT service to the Gateway and other VG
- facilities at the Spaceport.
- Other duties as assigned by IT Director
What you bring
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information System Management, trade school program or related is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT Manager experience is required.
- Proven leadership and hands-on experience supporting IT in technical R&D or operational organization.
- Experience of managing an IT Helpdesk Team.
- Must have the ability to support project and production teams with all IT related activities.
- Experience of managing an enterprise IT Budget.
- In depth and hands on experience with a Windows based office infrastructure, and knowledge of relevant software packages in a multi-server based environment.
- Possess the skills to manage remote and onsite exchange email systems integrated with MS Exchange Server, MS Outlook and mobile devices.
- Successful experience with setting hardware requirements based on software needs of others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills complemented by strategic thinking, negotiation and third party contract management skills.
- Proven troubleshooting, problem-solving, and effective communication skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast paced, start-
- up environment.
- Industry certifications like Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, Red Hat RHCE, Novell CNA, CNE, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA’s A+ or Network+, Sun Certified SCNA,
- Linux Professional Institute, etc. are a huge plus.
Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
- Enthusiastic approach to creating a customer focused and innovative business environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership, reasoning, and decision making skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements.
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business and technical development.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VG and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.