Virgin Galactic is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
Who you are
Virgin Galactic (VG) is seeking an experienced IT Network Engineer to support our commercial space operations department. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
This is a full-time position located in Las Cruces, New Mexico to support the Virgin Galactic offices in both Las Cruces and at Spaceport America.
- Review security monitor logs from all systems (Firewall, Email, etc…), propose and mitigate any threats based on findings
- Participate in architect, design, development, and implementation of any new application or service
- Manage, maintain, design, configure, and document security schema, such as Encryption, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus / Host based or End Point solutions
- Conduct Vulnerability Assessments as required. Conduct Risk Assessments as required
- Ensure system requirements are met in support of security requirements or certifications if applied
- Developing and enforcing an integrated Technology Risk and Control Framework (NIST) across departments
- Document network/cyber security changes and enhancements
- Work together with Systems Administrator team on non-security related tasks, i.e assisting with projects, Office 365, Server builds, Network changes, etc
- Other duties as assigned by management
What you bring
- A minimum 5 years of previous IT Network/Security Engineering experience in corporate environment
- Experience with Cybersecurity forensics, tracking down infected devices, etc.
- Effective skills in training users, as well as junior members of the IT team
- Excellent customer service skills!
- Success in an environment where high levels of multi-tasking are required
- Works well independently as well as with a collaborative team of professionals
- Ability and willing to work on-call, and from home if needed
- Enterprise level firewalls, Sonic Wall, Checkpoint, etc.
- VPN, SSL VPN, IPsec VPN, Port Forwarding, Dynamic VPN Routing, Route-Based VPN/Tunnels
- Layer 3 switch knowledge and configuration. Knowledge of Dell, Static and dynamic routing protocols; Default routes, EIGRP, IGRP, OSPF, BGP, VLANs, QOS, port-security, LAGs
- Wireless security, design and architecture
- Network hardware configuration, network maintenance, network performance tuning.
- Spam filtering, email security and boundary defense
- Cybersecurity training
- Monthly/Quarterly security auditing
- 2-Factor Authentication
- Cloud security best practices
- Data center security implementation with cyber security/data policy/risk analysis
- Government Cloud Computing security
- Office365 experience
- Knowledge of and experience with basic Windows and Linux OS functions, system administration, proxy servers.
- Visio network topology mapping for updating network topology
- VoIP/telephone landline and wireless services & equipment support
- Endpoint protection
- Network certificates, CCNA, CCNP, etc. desired
- Systems certificates, MCSA, MCSE, etc. desired
- Security certificates CISM, ACE, etc. desired
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends and holidays when needed
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VG and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.