Your journey to space starts here.
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.”
Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
- Proactive, motivated and have a genuine passion for IT and customer service
- Microsoft 365 administration, installation and troubleshooting
- Resolve escalated software issues pertaining to Windows 10 and Engineering Software
- Assign/manage/troubleshoot remote access via VPN and OKTA
- Troubleshoot and resolve Engineering software issues
- Ensure quick response times to facilitate maximum uptime for all users and systems
- Configure, deploy, fix, and provide troubleshooting support based on either documented procedures or directive for the following hardware and software:
- Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet Computers (Windows and MacOS)
- Network Printers
- Telecommunication Systems – IP Phones & wireless including Apple iPhones and iPads
- AD administration functions such as password resets, create and update user profiles, and group changes in Active Directory
- Assist users with supported software and hardware with the approach of understanding of technology from a user’s perspective while providing an excellent level of customer service
- Escalate unknown/unsolved issues to appropriate internal or external support resources
- Maintain, track, and control related inventory
- Effectively use and troubleshoot MS Office 365 applications
- Use and support remote meeting software
- Collaborate with co-workers to share expertise, information and solve problems
- Other duties as assigned by Team Lead/Manager/Director
*The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
What you bring
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience supporting a company size of 500+ employees.
- Willingness to learn new processes and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to independently analyse and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Experience with the following software and hardware: Active Directory, Exchange 365, Office 365, WAN/LAN topology, Antivirus, various wireless services & equipment support
- Previous experience with ticketing systems
- Experience imaging PCs via Acronis or related software
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Windows and Mac OS & Office technologies (Windows 7/8/10 as well as Office 365)
- Create a high level of user satisfaction through accurate and timely follow-up & strong technical skills
- Must demonstrate organizational and time management skills
Suggestions for Education/Certifications
- Microsoft or CompTIA certificates in relevant technologies
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work flexible hours outside of normal business hours
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to routinely lift 20-30 lbs. and occasionally lift and move 40 lbs (unassisted)
- Must be a “U.S. person” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.