Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation.
Dawn is recruiting a practically-minded IT Systems Architect to build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible IT systems for a rapidly growing high-tech company and geographically dispersed teams.
You will be a talented, creative thinker with unique hands-on experience that will be used to shape the digital backbone of this fast-growing space company. You will also be the first full-time employee working exclusively on IT systems, meaning you have the rare opportunity to take an early lead within a core team.
You will be given ownership of goals from start-to-finish and will operate with a great deal of autonomy. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way. You must have the desire and ability to work in a young company – if you want a smooth and routine role; this role is not for you. You must be resilient and agile.
Based in Delft, The Netherlands, this role will require flexible hours in both mornings and evenings as you work with our New Zealand teams. It may also require travel to this office.
- Work closely with Dawn’s Chief Operating Officer and engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support a range of software platforms and related technologies that meet the needs of a demanding team.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Design and deliver creative IT solutions and resolve business problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- 5+ years of experience in IT systems administration
- Demonstrated experience in administering and deploying systems across mixed OS environments (Windows, Linux, macOS).
- Demonstrated experience with both on-site-hosted and virtualized services and associated configuration
- Deep knowledge of network security and best-in-field cybersecurity principles
- PowerShell, Bash, Python (or similar) scripting experience
- Demonstrated expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Experience in geographically distributed enterprise networks and device fleet management.
- Expertise in source code and version control tools
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools
- Maintenance automation.
- Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture
- Data backup/recovery.
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Server hardware and software incl. virtualisation.
- Good judgement in deciding to outsource/ insource activities.
- Working in a geographically wide-spread team.
- Strong analytical skills.
About Dawn Aerospace
Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never before imagined. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband, but there are some significant hurdles to overcome.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.