Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
Avio is a leading space propulsion company , based in Colleferro , near Rome, Italy. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, government and commercial payloads into Earth orbit through its Vega family of rockets. The experience and know-how acquired in over 50 years, currently allow Avio to compete with the top players in the segment of solid, liquid and cryogenic propulsion for space launchers and military tactical missiles.
We are looking for a Material Planner who, inserted in the Production Planning function, will take care of the following activities:
- Plan the materials needed for production through stock/needs analysis and generation of procurement requests
- Develop a daily production plan from a Pull System perspective in relation to needs, available production capacity and the appropriate production strategy
- Ensure, through a constant follow-on of suppliers, compliance with contractual agreements in terms of delivery dates and quantities or the procurement of materials (MP, SL) to the production departments in accordance with the various needs
- Manage the subcontracting activities ensuring the continuity of the flow of materials between the company and the subcontractors and collaborate with the subcontractors for the correct planning of the outsourced activities
- Define testing priorities and monitor the incoming process up to the free use of materials
- Coordinate the return of non-conforming materials to suppliers and monitor any rework activities until the supplier makes them available again
- Collaborate with the Production Planners to ensure compliance with operational planning and resolve problems relating to the production flow by reporting critical issues and/or supply delays
- Support the Planning department for the analysis of company needs and the needs of the Supply Chain, guaranteeing the efficiency of procurement processes and at the same time ensuring constant savings in terms of inventories and determining the related governance parameters
- Contribute to a periodic inventory of both internal and external (contractor) inventories
We would like to get in touch with candidates, preferably in possession of a Degree in Management Engineering (or similar) or a Technical High School Diploma who have gained consolidated experience in the role in contexts characterized by high production complexity and have excellent use of the MS Office package (especially Excel and Project).
A thorough knowledge of the main material and production planning tools (MRP, ERP preferably SAP) and a good knowledge of the English language are welcome.
The profile is completed by good interpersonal and communication skills, strong results orientation, analytical, organizational and priority identification skills, interest in learning and continuous improvement of skills.
Workplace: Colleferro (RM)
Hours: Full time