Full time, Regular Employment In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
As a System Integration / Validation Engineer for the Latin America Delivery Center located in Bogota, Colombia, you will be overseeing biometric system and document issuance systems project phases, from verifying system specifications and project requirements to performing the system configuration, integration, verification, validation, troubleshooting, deployment and system acceptance.
- Participate in the global validation strategy to ensure a maximum efficiency at controlled cost, your activities will follow the Development Life Cycle process in place.
- You will work with the Project Leader to analyze the subject, define a test strategy and prepare the different plans (test and acceptance), run them and analyze the results.
- You will ensure the complete coverage of the initial customer requirements
- You will execute the specific test campaign with customers on deployed and final solutions.
- You will develop automated and manual tests.
- rovide system integration support and troubleshooting of the system, provide system knowledge transfer and training to technical support team, and document the design specifications, installation procedures, and other system related information.
Required Skills and Experience:
- To have a previous experience in software validation and end-to-end testing, good knowledge of validation methodologies and troubleshooting tools (Wireshark), test automatization programming (SoapUI, Jmeter…), troubleshooting skills, general knowledge of various software architectures.
Experience using Windows Server, Linux Server, Basic Networking, firewalls and load balancing.
- 2+ years hands on experience with scripting languages, such as Linux Shell, PowerShell.
- Experience in understanding inter-server communications (HTTP/HTTPS, POP/SMTP, FTP/SFTP, sockets, TCP/IP).
- Working knowledge of Web technologies, Application Servers (Apache, HTTP, HTML/XML), data communications protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple concurrence processes.
- Have good understanding of OS Failover technology (Linux cluster, Windows cluster).
- Ability and expertise in writing PL/SQL statements.
- This role requires the ability to travel. (Travel capabilities for integration and deployment in customer premises).
- Experience with documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!