At VisionSpace, we ignite opportunity by enabling access to space. We take on big problems to help organizations operating satellites reliably & effectively.
VisonSpace is looking for motivated Java developers to help us undertake into the next generation of Mission Control Systems. We have been granted by the European Space Agency the mandate to develop the next generation of spacecraft control systems for Small and CubeSats. Our baseline will be the European Ground Segment Common Core (EGS-CC), a Java/OSGi/Karaf based control system. Our team is motivated to help newcomers into the Space industry, and thus previous experience in EGS-CC is not a requirement although a definite advantage.
What You’ll Do
- You will be integrated into the development team, and will report to the Team Manager.
- You will be responsible for the development of new Karaf containers with the goal of adding new functionalities to EGS-CC.
- Depending on the schedule and experience, you may have an active part in the definition of requirements to be implemented as well as the production of relevant documentation (e.g. Architecture or Interface documents).
What You’ll Need
- At least two years of experience with Java, OSGi, and Karaf are the main requirements for this job.
- Experience with Unix, Git, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, REST/SOAP, and SOA are highly desired.
- Unit testing and Agile development experience is a plus.
- Bonus 1 – Previous experience with EGS-CC is a definite advantage.
- Bonus 2 – BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.