We combine satellite imagery of the whole of the Earth's surface with industry-leading analytics, revealing insights that inform the decisions you make.
Perform a range of general accounting functions, including full cycle, multi-currency accounts payable. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for processing accounts payable and maintaining vendor relations, as well as related administrative tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices, upload to system and set up for payment
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments; perform check runs
- Prepare and register accruals
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues; act as a point of contact to vendors, responding to inquiries
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Produce monthly reports and supporting documentation for audits
- Assist with day-to-day accounting and month end closing
- Monitor accounts receivable and other GL accounts
- Track expenses and process expense reports; monitor expense reports GL accounts
- Prepare, maintain and organize vendor and accounting files
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Proven understanding of general accounting procedures and full cycle accounts payable
- Previous experience using relevant accounting software (NetSuite or other ERP experience an asset)
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in data entry and information management
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish (required)
- Previous experience speaking/writing English and Spanish in a professional setting
- Fluency in Russian is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Team player with ability to problem solve independently
- Deadline driven with proven organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data entry
- Ability to identify areas where improvements and efficiencies can be made, while maintaining a strong focus on quality
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills
- Workplace location: Tres Cantos (Madrid)
- Long-term contract
- Hours: 9am – 6pm (1hr lunch break)
Please upload a resume and cover letter in English.
About Deimos Imaging and UrtheCast Corp.
Deimos Imaging, a subsidiary of UrtheCast Corp., is a Spanish company that, with a diverse suite of sensors in space, is helping usher in a new era of Earth Observation (EO). It owns and operates, through a 24/7 commercial service, the Deimos-1 and Deimos-2 satellites. Besides, it also processes and distributes imagery data and value-added products on behalf of the PanGeo Alliance, a network of seven satellite operators with a combined 13 operational EO sensors providing multispectral imagery in a wide range of resolutions.
UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. UrtheCast is growing and is shaping the future of earth observation. We provide the world with next-generation Earth Observation data using our growing system of space-based sensors. Our Crew members consider themselves agents of change as they work to provide Earth imagery and video data that enables heightened geospatial analysis. With that data, we build our products and services to help everyone — citizens, businesses, and governments alike — make advances in areas ranging from high-tech precision agriculture and forestry resource management, to the monitoring of humanitarian relief efforts. This type of large-scale change requires near-constant technological iteration and innovation, so UrtheCast continues to initiate unprecedented engineering programs like its planned UrtheDaily™ constellation.