Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
The Robotics Engineer will apply design and analysis skills to develop new robotic products and subsystems – working closely with a team of engineers through the development process from concept through product test. This position requires the desire to develop and apply machine perception, control, and state estimation algorithms to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment as well as provide feedback to others executing tasks across all active projects.
- Design and implement perception and control subsystems and provide feedback to system-level design
- Design and manage robot executable and behavioral architecture throughout program lifecycle
- Development and adaptation of perception and control algorithms for critical applications
- Robotic system design including rapid component integration, detailed top-down development, and simulation
- Proactively identifying risks to technical progress and their appropriate mitigations
- Generating design, development, test plan, and interface control documentation
- Contributing to process improvement initiatives
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS or MS (graduate degrees preferred) in applied engineering discipline (ME/CS/EE)
- 2+ years of experience developing fielded robotic systems
- Excellent intra-team and client-facing collaboration and communication
- Confidence to work with little direction and pursue problems to completion
- Knowledge of common sensor and actuator models, integration, and practical concerns
- Experienced in Matlab/Simulink, C, C++, and experienced in other programming languages
- Experienced in common robotic systems frameworks (ROS, OROCOS, Gazebo, etc.)
Desired Breadth of Knowledge, with Depth in One or More Categories:
- Rigorous software engineering methods (development processes, design patterns, deployment)
- Nonlinear / adaptive control and state estimation (modeling, simulation, design, and testing)
- Machine perception (model-based, data-based methods, image processing, management, and transport)
- Motion planning and trajectory generation and control (search-based, sampling-based planners, optimal control)
- Real-time control (RTOS fundamentals, real-time software patterns, determinism concerns)