Do you want to work in the space industry and build software systems and cloud infrastructure for large scale satellite data?
From developing cloud native front-end/back-end systems and infrastructure capable of handling massive amount of data to developing computationally intensive image/calibration processing algorithms to the development portfolio at EarthDaily Analytics (formerly UrtheCast Corp.) is extensive and challenging. Our Software Engineers work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are driven to revolutionize Earth Observation through innovation, problem solving, growth and ownership.
EarthDaily Analytics is looking for qualified Jr. Software Engineers (Full Stack) to join our crew. Do you want to work in the space industry and build software systems and cloud infrastructure for large scale satellite data? We want to hear from you! Check out the details below. Space geeks are always encouraged to apply!
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will participate in the overall responsibility to develop and operate EarthDaily’s Ground Segment that supports Earth Observation sensors (present, future and 3rd party), Value-Added Products and internal system/services.
Key responsibilities include:
Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve Ground Segment systems, services, infrastructure and software capabilities
Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members.
Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, and product roadmap planning.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience developing backend software involving APIs and databases
- Experience with developing software within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM processes
- Coop or Internship experience
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent skills in at least one high level programming language (e.g Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Good object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge in API development
- Knowledge in RDBMS and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Knowledge of software systems architecture and patterns
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud services
Fast paced, open concept, production critical and constantly evolving. Software Engineers work in an agile based iterative development environment that practices and embraces DevOps principles. They contribute in a fully automated CICD software development pipeline that delivers cloud native infrastructure and software systems to a cloud-based production environment. May require occasional overtime and travel.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities
- Great work environment, team and office location right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre
- Company subsidized lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours