Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team. Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Junior Avionics Manufacturing Technician
Rocket Lab is seeking an experienced, hardworking and dedicated Avionics Manufacturing Technician, to join our production team in support of the Electron Launch Vehicle program.
You will support the build, manufacture and testing of advanced electronic systems. This will include soldering, potting, and harnessing PCB assemblies within mechanical enclosures as well as assembly of such PCB components in a production environment. You will perform functional testing of the electrical assemblies and components throughout the manufacturing process. You will be expected to provide feedback to design and manufacturing engineers regarding the manufacturability and quality of the hardware.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the written process, but be prepared to highlight anything that does not seem right (in that process).
- Continuous Improvement
- Always looking for improvements. Raise these to your Leading Hand.
- Think creatively; question the status quo.
- Be an active member of the local 5S work centre, suggesting improvements and actively taking on jobs that benefit the department.
- Always highlight any abnormality – whether produced by yourself or someone else.
- Honesty and accountability and mandatory requirements.
Health & Safety
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Wear correct PPE as applicable.
- Report near misses and incidents promptly.
Team. Contribute to the work centre team by;
- Attending regular meetings
- Carrying out other scheduled jobs
- Complete assigned special projects
- Being able to technically train and mentor junior technicians
- Making suggestions/improvements to production processes and techniques
- Manufacture of high voltage battery packs. Including the following processes;
- PCB Assembly.
- Brick enclosure Assembly.
- Small electrical assemblies with harnessing and soldering.
- High Voltage pack assembly.
- Test subassemblies and high voltage battery packs using specialist test equipment and software.
- Use common hand tools – screwdrivers, pliers, spanners etc.
- Use specialist tools and equipment; wire strippers, torque drivers, milliohmmeter, multimeter, DC power supply etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate 1+ years of relevant industry experience or relevant training.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant industry experience as per the specific roles in sections 4 & 5 below
- A high work rate and be able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.