Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
Join a diverse and collaborative team designing the components and systems that take us from terra firma, through low earth orbit, and into interplanetary space as we wave goodbye to the Van Allen radiation belt.
The Avionics Team is responsible for the design, test, and integration of the electrical systems and electronics that form the backbone of our Electron and Neutron launch vehicles, Photon satellite bus, spacecraft components, as well as ground support and test equipment.
In the role, you will be on the front-line of cutting-edge avionics hardware development. You will have the unique opportunity to support the creation, test, and deployment of avionics hardware and systems that go into orbit. This includes but is not limited to flight computers, power electronic systems, high-voltage components, FPGAs, RF systems, and components used in guidance, navigation, and control.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering field or equivalent professional
- Industry experience in hardware development, electrical system
development, or electronics test engineering.
- 1+ year of programming experience in a language such as C, C++, Python.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal, including creating
material for distribution to external parties.
- Understanding of instrumentation, interfaces and sensors including power supplies, oscilloscopes, serial devices, switch topologies, accelerometers, thermocouples, RTDs, and 4-20mA sensors.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, go to: http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.