DEIMOS is selecting one junior engineer to be integrated in the GNC/AOCS Competence Centre of the Flight Systems Business Unit, to support new growth areas in Image Processing and Artificial Intelligence.
The work of the GNC/AOCS Competence Centre is oriented to the design, development, specification and validation of GNC and AOCS systems for a broad range of aerospace and aeronautical platforms. As a matter of reference, DEIMOS activities cover:
- Satellite formation flying, rendezvous, and active debris removal (ADR)
- Entry, descent and landing on planets (Earth, Mars) & natural satellites.
- Launch vehicles.
- Planetary exploration and observation and Interplanetary Navigation
- Unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs, UGVs)
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Development of onboard Image Processing (IP) chain elements as part of the GNC/AOCS sub-system making use of optical sensors (camera, lidar, …)
- Design, implementation, specification and validation of IP solutions
- Development of IP design, analysis and simulation engineering tools
- Development and implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based algorithms for IP, as well as other domains, including planning and FDIR
A recognized engineering degree (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Electronic) or a related degree (e.g. Physics
Postgraduate studies (M.Sc or Ph.D) providing a solid background in at least two of the following:
- Image processing and computer vision techniques, covering acquisition to postprocessing, including techniques such as Image segmentation and Object tracking.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, including machine learning and deep learning.
- Sensor fusion, filtering and estimation techniques.
Required: No professional experience required.
Desired: Engineer with at least 2 years of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant MSc & PhD studies would also be considered)
The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed positively.
Required – The following capabilities are required for the post:
- Solid theoretical background in image processing and computer vision, and/or artificial intelligence
- Good programming skills, at least in C++ or Python
Desired – The following capabilities are desired for the post:
- Solid background on statistics.
- Practical experience in image processing and computer vision, and artificial intelligence, for autonomous systems.
- Experience in ESA/EC programmes is welcome.
Good level of English, spoken and written.
- Capability to integrate in and work within a team
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues
- Availability to travel and spend time collocated in different DEIMOS branches