RHEA Group is searching for a Junior IT Security Analyst to join our Corporate IT Department. Reporting to the IT manager, you will be responsible for maintaining controls defined by ISO 27001, UK Cyber essentials, etc.
This is a challenging position that requires you to leverage your skills to implement and monitor a variety of security solutions. In this role, you will plan, test and implement security solutions necessary to protect corporate networks and information from cyber threats. In addition, you will be responsible for auditing and preparing reports to ensure controls defined by RHEA Group’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) are being met.
Many of your tasks will be generating records based on processes defined within RHEA Group’s ISMS to ensure compliance with ISO 27001. Recent graduates of IT Security and IT Administration programs are encouraged to apply.
Tasks and Activities
- Routinely testing restores of backups and documenting the test process and results.
- Auditing User accounts and privileged access to resources on the system.
- Conducting regular vulnerability scans, documenting and reporting the results.
- Audit and report on Firewall change management, documentation and risk analysis.
- IT Asset management and regular audits of IT equipment.
- Network monitoring and reporting
- User training and onboarding training to educate users on the controls defined in the ISMS
- Planning and implementing security related projects such as implementing Two Factor Authentication for various systems, Uptime monitoring using tools such as Nagios, Network design to isolate various network segments based on their function.
- Policy development and updating of existing policies within the ISMS
- Log collection and review
- Assisting with regular audits for ISO 9001, 27001 and other certifications
- Ordering equipment and installing user workstations.
- You may be required to assist with other tasks within the IT Department that may not directly relate to the Junior IT Security analyst requirement from time to time.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a College degree/diploma in a computer science, engineering or other related discipline or programme.
- You have solid communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment a must.
- You are detail-oriented, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- You are able to work independently when requested.
- You are fluent in English and French.
- The following skills would be highly desirable:
Professional experience in implementing and monitoring of security solutions and/or network technologies.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.