Rocket Lab’s mission is to revolutionize the way we access space. We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of cumbersome traditional launch services. We are ushering in a new era of unprecedented access to space.
About the role
We have an opening for a Junior Material Planner who will take responsibility for ensuring Electron launch vehicle component need dates are established and accurate supplier and process lead times are maintained. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to take ownership of a whole group of parts, from planning through to final delivery and production. This role will suit someone who loves a good mix of desk work and expediting and wants to work in a cross-functional team.
- Ensure all second stage process for each component is identified and parts moved through the process
- Maintain master data in preparation for the next phase of ERP
- Inventory planning and analysis
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of material characteristics, manufacturing capabilities in house and other areas that affect proper management of inventories
- Ensure vendor lead times and internal lead times are maintained correctly
- Maintaining efficient and strong communication with key stakeholders
- Ensure all planning related data is recorded and updated regularly
- Reporting requirements established with the business are adhered to
- Identify improvement opportunities in the process and develop solutions
Key skills we are looking for:
- Ideally 2 years’ experience in a planning position in a manufacturing environment
- Proactive and can-do attitude with ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent Communication skills
- Very good MS Office skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience using INFOR LN
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
What’s in it for you
This is a great opportunity to take ownership and really make an impact in the most exciting company in New Zealand! Based and Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidized lunches and an on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.