DEIMOS Engenharia is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate Data Systems team.
Successful candidate will be part of a Scrum development team, and will be integrated in major European projects, having the opportunity to work in different domains of software development.
The Data Systems Division focuses in the (architectural) design, development and maintenance of platforms seamlessly connected to data hubs that enable developers to deploy their applications in cloud resources. Recent European projects include NextGEOSS, BETTER, and Marine-EO.
The Junior Software Engineer will be integrated in the Scrum development team, and will collaborate in the development of Data Systems solutions. The solutions range from archives, catalogues, geoportals, data pipelines, user interfaces, among others.
Education: Computer Science or similar
Candidates are expected to have up to 2 years of experience developing end-to-end software systems following Agile, Incremental or Waterfall lifecycles.
The candidate should have experience developing software systems with (some of) the following disciplines:
- Requirements Analysis
- System analysis and design using UML or other modelling languages;
- System/subsystem implementation using Object Oriented programming languages;
- System integration and deployment in Virtualized Environments;
- Verification and Validation.
The following requirements are highly appreciated:
- Understanding of Distributed System architectures and Virtualization
- Knowledge of deployment techniques using containers (Docker)
- Experience in satellite data systems, or Remote Sensing datasets.
Language Skills: Highly fluent in English, verbal and written
- Excellent communication, and team working skills;
- Must be highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic;
- Must be willing to take ownership of issues and drive them to a successful resolution;
- Must be able to work independently and deliver high quality work.