Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth observation.
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth observation.The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Systems Department, Ground and Software Systems Division, in the Control and Data Centres (CDC) Team (comprises of 8 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the CDC Team Lead.
The initial assignment is the development of mission planning software for the European Space Agency (ESA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Experiments and activities in the International Space Stations (ISS) have to be designed carefully, taking into account the specific mission and resources constraints (including the astronauts’ availabilities). In addition, ESA and International Partners have to coordinate their plans constantly to avoid scheduling or resources conflicts.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join the development team:
- Developing the software using an agile method
- Interacting with our ESA and NASA end-users for requirements elicitation
- Analysing and designing components
- Interfacing with a Business Intelligence tool
- Building connectivity between internal and external systems
- Writing documentation
- Interacting with customers for software support.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, including Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Understanding of React.js and its core principles
As a junior software developer, proven experience (through academic projects, jobs or personal projects) in several of the following:
- Design and development of modern web stacks and/or Python
- Single page application development, REST and front-end large architectures
- Common front-end development tool (e.g. Babel, Webpack, NPM)
- Python, Django framework, development of enterprise software, modern frontend programming (especially ES6, React, Redux)
- Thorough with testing and code quality
The following will be considered as additional assets:
- Fluency with relational database and SQL
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator:
- Good understanding of IP networks, firewall, routing
- Open Sources Server environment
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Write high-quality software project documentation in English
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.