Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has been involved in Danish projects since 1973, and now due to the significance of the Group’s activities and the market outlooks in the country, Thales has since established a formal regional office in Copenhagen in January 2015. Thales has delivered the Danish Travelcard system and is in charge of its operation and maintenance for the next 10 years. Moreover, it is Thales’ hope to further enhance the system with the latest technologies, like mobile phone and account-based functionalities.
Junior Tech & Automation Manager
Are you an analytical and logical thinking problem solver with a passion for cutting-edge technology? And would you like to help establish and implement our automation strategy?
We are looking for a Junior Tech & Automation Manager for our IT Service Management department (ITSM), who is responsible for tools and processes. Furthermore, we’re providing support for Rejsekort & Rejseplanen A/S and the Danish Public Transportation Organizations such as Movia, DSB, Metro among others. You will in this position be included in cross-organizational project teams and your immediate manager will be the Head of IT Service Management.
Your main responsibilities
In the position as, Junior Tech & Automation Manager you will work closely with the process owners to facilitate the gathering and documentation of automation objectives and requirements. Your primary responsibility will be to streamline and automate processes. Hereunder also including the following:
- Code integrations across platforms to improve and develop our automation capabilities.
- Acceptance testing and demonstrating products to internal and external stakeholders.
- Cost analyses and making financial justifications for automatization
- Analyze automation trends in the market, learn new tools as needed.
- Visiting clients from time-to-time.
- Our expectations are high, as your own
We expect that you are visionary, have finalized an IT oriented education and have deep programming language knowledge. You are used to work in a team as well as having ability to work independently. Furthermore, we expect that you are disciplined and self-motivated about your work. You have a natural and genuine interest for technology and the digitization.
Further, we would appreciate if you have knowledge of the following:
- Experience with JAVA, Python, C# or PowerShell
- SQL or other database technologies
- Experience with agile project management such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Communicating technically complex information to both technical and non-technical receivers.
- As a person you are positive and helpful. You value humour as an important part of your daily life as a way for you to create trustworthy and long-lasting relations with colleagues and other stakeholders. While not only solving the different cases but making sure to have a solid handover you manage to maintain a calm and constructive attitude – even in situations under pressure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!