Intelligence from space, for your business Kawa Space focuses on Developer APIs, App Stores, Connected Devices, Earth Observation, and Space Satellites. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Mumbai. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
At Kawa Space, we’re a super crazy bunch, building the future of how space-based solutions are provisioned and consumed at scale; we are a small bunch of geeks who are interested in writing code, passionate about building systems, curious in analyzing images from space and and derive actionable insights to people on earth who need them.
We are looking for a GIS associate with 2 + years of experience in developing solutions in the Agriculture sector, to join us in our mission to build a data-driven geo-intelligence platform.
What You Bring:
- Familiarity with remote sensing data, and vector GIS data.
- Knowledge of the electromagnetic spectrum and properties of Remote Sensing satellites both Active and Passive.
- Knowledge of algorithm development, statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience writing production code in Python3.
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS.
- Knowledge of GDAL and other Python based Geospatial libraries, and experience with open-source GIS tools such as QGIS, SNAP and more.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent coding practices.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and Git.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Domain knowledge OR previous projects undertaken in the Agriculture sector.
- Knowledge of TensorFlow , PyTorch, OpenCV
- Work with team Kawa to apply state-of-the-art remote sensing practices into production workflows.
- Understand present Data structures and metrics at Kawa, and advocate for changes where needed for product development.
- Work on optimization methods to improve the quality of Kawa’s user-facing products.