Making every company a space company. Kawa Space is the leader in intelligence from space. We're on a mission to democratise space for everyone. Our industry-leading enterprise-ready platform is used by hundreds of organisations globally. Kawa's premise is that if teams use an extra layer of data captured from space, they can 100x their business outcomes.
Kawa Space is building a software-driven geo-intelligence platform. Kawa employees enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage space startup, but in an environment much more akin to a later stage company given the experience of the founding team. The culture at Kawa encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing world of space intelligence.
- Build workflow tools for the desktop and mobile phone that enable our users to access and use kawa powered insights.
- Develop scalable web and mobile applications used by consumers and internal customers ensuring quality and performance
- Ideate, prototype and implement production grade features beneficial to the product keeping an eye on aesthetics and user experience
- Dabble with a variety of data and visualizations in order to create presentable and insightful experiences for the users
- Grow your team of kick ass developers
- 5+ years of experience building modern, elegant web apps or react-native mobile apps
- Deep understanding of the architectural concepts of React/React Native and CSS
- An understanding of proper responsive design, taking into development for various devices and browsers
- Robust understanding of API integrations and state management pithing a scalable project
- Proficiency in UI/UX
Bonus points for
- Knowledge in cloud technologies/infrastructure (such as GCP)
- Experience in QA
- Experience working with some basic Ruby or Django APIs
- Experience in Mapbox, chart/graphs tools like d3.js
- Employer-paid health care
- Remote and distributed team
- Casual and diverse workplace
- Unlimited Vacation policy
- Stock options
- Energized to join a startup
- Excited to mentor more junior developers
- Good at problem selection, problem solving, and course correcting
- Focused on best practices
- Highly pragmatic and collaborative
Kawa Space at a glance
Kawa Space focuses on Developer APIs, App Stores, Connected Devices, Earth Observation, and Space Satellites. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Mumbai. They have a small team that’s between 11-50 employees.