Query the Planet
- Silicon Valley
- San Francisco
Hires remotely: Everywhere
Visa sponsorship: Not Available
Experience: 3+ years
Kawa Space is building a software-driven geo-intelligence platform. Kawa employees enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage space startup, but in an environment much more akin to a later-stage company given the founding team’s experience. The culture at Kawa encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing world of space intelligence.
We’re looking for an SDK Developer/Engineer (Android). Are you a skilled technologist seeking complex and interesting systems to apply your skills whilst continually learning and progressing your career?
As an SDK Developer, you’ll focus on developing SDKs and APIs to enable developers to connect with the core platform – a distributed, real-time engine integrated to clients to enable things such as real-time monitoring, live analytics, interactive user interfaces, and enabling clients to interact with our APIs to name but a few. You’ll operate across the full development lifecycle of client library software, including developing new features, formulation of API proposals, and the published specifications for new features, partnering with clients to understand and deliver their requests.
You’ll be working in a dynamic start-up environment.
What you’ll do:
- Design components by translating product requirements, break down projects into tasks and provide accurate estimates. Build scalable and reliable technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Work on Android (Java and Kotlin) tech stack while keeping performance goals in mind.
- Independently come up with different solutions, extensible Low-level design. Write modular, extensible, readable, and performant code.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team (PM, UX, engineering, science) team to transform user stories into prototypes & production code
What you’ll need:
- Experience in building complex SDKs and APIs using mobile coding languages and frameworks such as Kotlin and Java.
- Understand Android Architecture components, strong fundamentals in Android technologies, and aware of new Android changes.
- Must have performance optimization skills – To optimize and build for limited-resource hardware and build a smooth experience.
- An advocate of clean, well-written code.
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- B.E or B.Tech or equivalent with at least 3-year experience and hands-on with mobile technologies.