Intelligence from space, for your business. Kawa Space focuses on Developer APIs, App Stores, Connected Devices, Earth Observation, and Space Satellites.
Kawa Space at a glance
Kawa Space focuses on Developer APIs, App Stores, Connected Devices, Earth Observation, and Space Satellites. The company has offices in San Francisco and Mumbai. The company has a small team that’s between 11-50 employees.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll build and manage a diverse and inclusive team of engineers and engineering managers working on the Kawa Space API and the associated platform.
- You’ll recruit, coach, and develop engineers; you’ll ensure people in your group are regularly receiving feedback and that they are making rapid progress on personal and professional goals.
- You’ll drive the product strategy and vision for the platform group, together with your product management and design counterparts.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining a high-quality bar for everything your team ships.
- You’ll work with others to shape how Kawa’s engineering organization operates—you’ll help develop our technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, and more.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have at least five years of experience as an engineering manager and have managed both engineers and other engineering managers.
- You have built, or are committed to building, diverse and inclusive teams; you value empathetic and direct communication and foster environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging—ones where people do their best work.
- You have a track record of managing teams that successfully ship high-quality APIs and related developer-facing products; you understand both the product and infrastructure considerations that go into delivering great APIs.
- You have a sufficiently deep background in product and technology that you can ask the right questions of your team, balance product, tech, and people concerns, and make hard tradeoffs.
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You have experience rolling out engineering and management practices and processes—e.g., code review, performance reviews, and levels and ladders—where they didn’t exist before.
- You’ve managed teams that are partially (or entirely) remote.
*You’ll report to the Founder. *