Making every company a space company. Kawa Space is the leader in intelligence from space. We're on a mission to democratise space for everyone. Our industry-leading enterprise-ready platform is used by hundreds of organisations globally. Kawa's premise is that if teams use an extra layer of data captured from space, they can 100x their business outcomes.
At Kawa Space, we’re a super crazy bunch, building the future of how space-based solutions are provisioned and consumed at scale; We are a small bunch of geeks who are interested in writing code, passionate about building systems, curious in analyzing images from space and and derive actionable insights to people on earth who need them.
We are looking for a ‘GIS Intern’ in developing products in the Agriculture sector, to join us in our mission to build a data-driven geo-intelligence platform.
What You Bring:
- Familiarity with Remote Sensing raster datasets, and GIS vector datasets.
- Knowledge of the properties of Remote Sensing satellites both Active and Passive.
- Familiarity with Linux, and Python3.
- Knowledge of GDAL and other Geospatial libraries, and experience with open-source GIS tools such as QGIS, SNAP and more.
- Excellent communication skills.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Domain knowledge OR previous projects undertaken in the Agriculture sector.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and Git.
- Knowledge of TensorFlow / PyTorch, OpenCV.
- Knowledge of PostGIS/BigQuery.
- Apply state-of-the-art remote sensing practices and algorithms by keeping up with best practices in industry and academic papers.
- Work with large vector and raster datasets.
- Research on best practices and accuracy metrics for Agriculture Insights from Space, and work with the team to push them into production workflows.
Kawa Space at a glance
Kawa Space focuses on Developer APIs, App Stores, Connected Devices, Earth Observation, and Space Satellites. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Mumbai. They have a small team that’s between 11-50 employees.