The Future, Designed and Delivered.
Supervises and coordinates activities required to operate Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Recreation/Fitness/ Sports/ Aquatics facilities. Assists with the delivery of health programs and maintain monthly community, recreation sports, and Fitness schedules, and maintain health bulletin boards. Plans and assigns work of expatriates and host country national attendants in MWR facilities. Performs routine facility inspections, monitors safety, MWR equipment, monitors and organizes the use of the MWR facility, and arranges maintenance as required.
The manager shall meet the CNICINST/ BUPERS qualification standards for an MWR Manager classified as NF-1101 position or equivalent. MWR Manager must have a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with a major study in one or more appropriate area(s) of recreation, hospitality, food, and beverage or business-related fields or 3-years of general experience in which candidate has demonstrated a knowledge of goals, principles, methods, and techniques of recreation, food, and beverage or business management, and have an understanding of the interests and motivations of individuals and groups. In addition, he/she must have 5-years of specialized experience as NF-4 or as a Senior Manager in a similar or equivalent capacity in civilian commercial business.
- Manage the CAT A and CAT B programming for Community Recreation, Entertainment, Aquatics, Sports and Fitness activities/operations in accordance with KBR MWR SOP’S and CNICINST 1710.3 directives.
- Supervising staff of up to 80 MWR staff members (Direct Hire AN/FN and Local TCN).
- Manage and conduct MWR facility NAF and APF property management inventories (consumables, fixed assets, minor property) and warehousing.
- Interfacing with local Command officials, Hosting MWR Committee Meetings, coordinating with Command and military units for promotion of Captain’s Cup and Entertainment events.
- Promote Safety Leadership at all facilities and encourage Safety awareness daily.
- Ensure all Deliverables to the Government are completed on time and accurately.
- Manage Training program for Local Nationals and track all certifications data.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have current CPR/first aid/AED required upon hire.
- Must have Customer Service training equivalent to Navy Star Service Training.
- The manager shall be responsible for the overall management of the MWR program.
- Previous experience working with US Navy, Army, or Air Force MWR preferred.
- Previous COR/COTR/ QA Experience preferred.
- Previous completion of MWR Managers Course training preferred Per CNIC 1710.3.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 4 blank visa/stamp pages remaining.
- Must possess a current U.S. driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- All certifications must be current through the period of the contract.
It should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology, and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected, and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence, and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools, and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably, and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce of approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.