Kepler is on a mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 15 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
This role will have responsibility for Kepler’s internal and external marketing communications engagements. This includes press releases, events, speaking opportunities, and marketing awareness campaigns. The ideal candidate can create a compelling press release or thought leadership article, and then can execute a plan to get that asset maximum exposure thru traditional media, social media, and relevant partnerships. Similarly, they can take an event budget and maximize Kepler’s presence in events that simultaneously establishes Kepler as an innovation leader and connects us directly with partners and potential end-users of our solutions.
- Develop a cohesive marketing communications strategy that establishes Kepler as an innovation leader.
- Generate compelling, engaging content to support content-driven integrated strategy. Actively seek to leverage existing content where appropriate. Help identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant target groups and help to feed these channels with the appropriate messaging.
- Create and launch both inbound and outbound marketing campaigns. Campaigns will include Drip marketing, newsletter campaigns, blogging, email marketing programs, social media campaigns, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant media sites, press, and communities to ensure a distribution network for Kepler materials.
- Manage the events budget for Kepler, securing participation at key events.
- Event management – leading Kepler’s participation at events, from pre-event marketing to managing the presence at the event, to assisting in post-event follow-up and assessment.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to brainstorm and execute creative inbound initiatives.
- Monitor, analyze, and test all ongoing marketing campaigns and seeking optimization solutions.
- Identify new marketing opportunities and work with the marketing team to capitalize on them.
- Establish success criteria for all marketing initiatives and regularly evaluate overall performance / ROI for all active programs.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources for campaign scheduling, approvals, copy, and graphical assets.
- Be the point of contact for partners (and other external and internal stakeholders) for general marketing support.
- Stay up-to-date on new marketing strategies and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze the market trends and competitor landscape.
- Monitor competitor and partner MarCom activities and provide consolidated briefs for the team.
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, communication, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing communications function or a related business function
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to create and drive strong, business-aligned messaging and content narratives
- Creativity and fresh thinking to engage and drive messaging across a variety of channels
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with various stakeholders
- Builds effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent collaborative problem-solving with a high level of maturity and judgment
- Social media and interactive content savvy. Able to harness new content approaches effectively using a variety of media options
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT, and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs to be known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.